Discover the world of film with us
A library of 546 films carefully selected by the Karlovy Vary festival team.
New films every week.
Non-subscription films at a discounted price, including the latest releases.
All content available in high image quality, with subtitles and no ads.
Most watched films
What others are most interested in
- What kind of content does KVIFF.TV offer?
- The Karlovy Vary festival team carefully selects the best films from the Czech Republic and abroad. Our library contains new releases alongside time-tested classics. You will find important directors as well as emerging talents. In order to help you navigate KVIFF.TV and the world of cinema, we organize films into thematic collections.
- What is the difference between a subscription and direct purchases of a film?
- Our services differ both in price and form of playback. If you are interested in multiple films, we recommend purchasing a monthly (CZK 160/month) or annual (CZK 1,700/year) subscription, which gives you unlimited playback of nearly entire catalogue of our films. Although subscribers do not have access to all new releases, they do get a discount on direct purchases (starting at CZK 55/film). Your subscription will be renewed automatically. Should you wish to cancel your subscription, you may do so in your personal profile.
- What films can I see as part of my subscription?
- We try to make as many films from our catalogue as possible available to our subscribers. However, in view of the number of different distributors and licensing conditions, we cannot include all new releases immediately. Sometimes you will have to wait a few months after a film's online premiere. Nevertheless, you can directly purchase the film for streaming or download. Films available as part of your subscriptions can be viewed here.
- How can I give a film or a subscription to someone else as a gift?
- If you click the button marked „Gift“ (in the film's description) or “Gift subscription” (on the homepage) and subsequently pay the selected service, you will receive an email with a voucher that you can then forward or print out and present as a gift. All the recipient of your gift has to do to activate the chosen service is to enter the code from the voucher. The voucher can be used at any time, and the service made available by the voucher is valid starting on the date of activation.
- In what language are the films?
- Most of the films are shown in their original language with Czech subtitles by leading Czech translators. Some of the films feature external subtitles that can be turned on and off, while others have the subtitles burned directly in the image that cannot be turned off. For children's and family films, we sometimes offer a version with Czech dubbing so the films can be enjoyed by even the youngest viewers.
- Can I watch films outside the Czech Republic?
- KVIFF.TV is intended primarily for viewers from the Czech Republic and Slovakia. We do not have the proper licenses for other regions, and so the films cannot be watched or downloaded from abroad. However, if you already have an account and are planning a holiday or business trip, then you can access our catalogue of films even from abroad. Using a VPN is not a problem for KVIFF.TV. The only requirement is that you turn off your VPN and have a Czech IP address during the initial registration process.
- Something's not working, who can I contact?
- In case of technical problems, please contact our email support at email@example.com. Please include your problem, operating system version, web browser and movie title in the body of the email.
Film collections curated for you